200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training + 50 Hour Mentorship Program
Personalized mentorship, practical experience, hands-on learning, and expert faculty. Starting September 8th, prepare to be inspired and uplifted.
Meet Our Training Director
Set up a one-on-on meeting with Christa Stebbing to learn more about why our training is the right fit for you.
Ready to deepen your personal practice, or have a calling to share yoga with others? We'd be honored to have you join us.
Beyond the foundational understanding of how to teach skillfully and safely, this training is a path of self-discovery that will empower you to share the authentic teachings of yoga in your own unique way. It's truly a life-changing experience.
We only have 3 spots left on our training, so apply today!
The 5 Pillars of Our Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training Program
- Self-Discovery and Embodiment through Personal Practice
Connecting with yourself and embodying the teachings of yoga in your own practice and life is the first step toward becoming an effective teacher. Our methods will help you gain a deeper understanding of how to apply the philosophy and principles of yoga to your own practice so that you can pass the teachings of yoga on in your own inspiring, authentic way.
- Mentorship & Hands-On Experience
When you begin your teacher training, you want to know you'll come out on the other side with the confidence and experiential knowledge to teach safe, effective classes for students of all shapes, sizes and needs. That's why we dedicate over 60 training hours to personalized mentorship and hands-on practical learning - well above the industry standard.
Our training and teaching methods align with the philosophy and approach of the the Himalayan Tradition in which our program director was trained. The life-affirming wisdom of the Himalayan Institute is relevant and accessible while staying true to the original teachings of the tradition.
- Adapting Yoga for the Individual
In any given class, students will show up with an array of physical and mental health concerns and injuries. We've dedicated a large portion of the training to helping you understand common injuries and health concerns, and how to give your students personalized support so you can teach in any setting with confidence.
- Excellence in the Design and Delivery of the Training
To give you the best possible learning experience, we've assembled a team of knowledgable professionals in the fields of yoga, physical therapy, kinesiology, and functional medicine to serve as your faculty.
Our faculty members include:
- Christa Stebbing, RYT-500, Owner of Kindred Yoga and Director of our yoga teacher training program.
- Kelly Pender, RYT, international yoga teacher and teacher trainer, and a member of the Kindred Yoga staff.
- Jo Ann Staugaard-Jones, Professor of Kinesiology and Author of The Concise Book of Yoga Anatomy, The Vital Psoas Muscle, and The Anatomy of Exercise & Movement.
- Julie Yunaska, MPT, CPT - Physical Therapist and Director of Epoch Physical Therapy specializing in core stabilization, breath, and pelvic health.
- Melissa Tomon, MSN, CRNP, CPNP-BC - Nurse Practitioner currently practicing at Lower Gwynedd Functional Medicine Institute.
- Dr. Tammy Portolese, Portolese Family Chiropractic.
2018-19 Yoga Teacher Training Dates
The yoga teacher training runs one weekend a month - on the following Saturdays from 10 am to 6:30pm and on Sundays from 10:30am to 6:00pm.
Ongoing Mentorship Hours Throughout the Course
The following mentorship hours will be scheduled based on the mutual availability of teacher trainees and mentors:
- 2x 2-hour mentored practice teaching sessions a month as part of a small group
- Observe, assist and/or teach in 3 public classes a month
Throughout the course, you will be assigned reading, assignments, and quizzes to be completed on your own. Completing assignments by the specified due dates is a requirement for certification.
Requirements for Yoga Teacher Certification
In order to graduate from the training, all required hours must be completed, assignments handed in on time, and assessments must be passed.
If you can't make 100% of the training sessions ... Trainees are encouraged to attend all sessions as scheduled. However, we understand that you may experience scheduling conflicts with other demands in your life. So if you are unable to attend a certain day, please talk to us about it, and we'll try our best to make arrangements for you to access any of the course segments you miss.
Questions? We'd love to hear from you. Get in touch ...
If you're interested in learning more about our teacher training, we're happy to answer any of your questions over the phone or in person. CONTACT US through the website, or call Christa at 267-664-1022.